A smattering of pre-game notes as the Broncos and Chargers warm up:
- Tatum Bell is back among the inactives after playing last week. Cedric Cobbs was also scratched, leaving Mike Bell and Damien Nash as the Broncos’ two tailbacks.
- Both Ian Gold and Ebenezer Ekuban are among the 45 active players and each is expected to start.
- San Diego deactivated defensive tackle Luis Castillo. Jacques Cesaire will start in his place.
- The blue pants are back again; the Broncos are 2-0 in them this year and 3-1 overall, with the only loss coming in a 2003 Monday Night Football game to the New England Patriots.
- Tight end Tony Scheffler is again among the inactives; he played the first eight games before being moved off the active game-day roster last week.
- Both of the Broncos’ recent kickoff returners are inactive — Quincy Morgan and Brian Clark.
- Denver’s three other inactive players are Patrick Chukwurah, Chris Kuper and Antwon Burton.
- The 1972 Miami Dolphins will remain the last unbeaten team in NFL annals after the Colts fell 21-14 at Dallas tonight. One Bronco in town for the alumni reunion was a part of that ’72 team — Marlin Briscoe, a Broncos quarterback in 1968 and a wide receiver for that unblemished ’72 Dolphins team.