They are as follows:
5) Brian Dawkins’ interception of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2. The veteran safety said he let the tight end gain a little space, hoping to bait a throw by Hasselbeck. The quarterback obliged, and Dawkins leaped to make the interception.
“I didn’t think he could get there, but he got there,” Hasselbeck said.
4) Jason Hunter’s interception of Mark Sanchez in a close loss against the New York Jets. It’s not the last time Hunter is featured in the top five.
3) A goal-line stand by the defense against the Baltimore Ravens, the final play of which was a fourth-down sack of Joe Flacco.
2) Syd’Quan Thompson’s interception on a pass tipped by Brian Dawkins and Justin Bannan. It effectively sealed a Broncos win against the Houston Texans.
1) Mario Haggan’s takedown of Matt Cassel — he had three sacks on the day — which resulted in a forced fumble. Hunter picked up the ball and raced down the sideline for the defense’s sole touchdown of the year.
Let us know what you think of the selections. Agree with the rankings? Did we miss any? As always, leave your comments below.