With this weekend’s matchup against the Boston Patriots designated a Legacy Game, we figured we’d give you a shot at a little Broncos trivia from their inaugural season — 1960.
In the 50th season of Broncos football, plenty has changed. But do you know just how much? Take a look at the following 10 questions, and then click to see the answers after the jump.
1) Who was the Broncos’ first pick in the inaugural AFL draft?
2) What was the first player transaction in franchise history?
3) What did original Bronco Bud McFadin once say about the team’s 1960 uniform socks?
4) What is the origin of the name “Denver Broncos?”
5) Who won the first-ever regular season AFL game, and what was the score?
6) Who was the head coach of the Broncos in 1960?
7) The Broncos are one of only two original AFL teams to have never changed their name or moved to a different city. What is the other team?
8] What two players from 1960s teams have had their jersey numbers retired, and what were their numbers?
9) How much did a Broncos season ticket on the 50-yard line cost in 1960?
10) How much did a gallon of gasoline cost in 1960?
Think about your answers, then click to see if you were right after the jump.