The Broncos completed a practice in shorts, shells and helmets Wednesday morning in their final practice before flying to Arizona to take on the Cardinals in Thursday night’s preseason finale.
Just two players, guards Chris Kuper (forearm) and Tony Hills (neck) missed Wednesday’s practice due to injuries.
- Quarterback Brock Osweiler found wide receiver Matthew Willis in the end zone for a short touchdown completion during an early-practice red zone session.
- On his first rep of the practice, quarterback Peyton Manning found wide receiver Demaryius Thomas in stride for a one-handed touchdown grab in the back of the end zone.
- Thomas made another long catch later in the practice, again getting behind the defense to haul in a pass from Manning deep down the middle of the field.
- Wide receiver Jason Hill managed to make a tough catch along the sideline despite good coverage from cornerback Tony Carter, who was complimented for being in perfect position just behind Hill.
- During a red zone drill, linebacker Nate Irving made a nice break on the football to nearly secure an interception along the sideline just in front of the pylon.
- Quarterback Adam Weber completed a deep pass to wide receiver Andre Caldwell, who pulled in the reception despite having to fight for position with Carter.
- Rookie cornerback Omar Bolden recorded an interception on a short pass thrown near the sideline.
- Tight end Cornelius Ingram came up with a long reception from Weber in traffic over the middle of the field.
Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio wore a headset and a wrist sleeve during practice to simulate making the play calls for the defense.