Safety Jim Leonhard continued getting back into the action on Friday, participating in practice. Head Coach John Fox said defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was cleared today for practice and play.
Defensive end Jason Hunter (triceps), guard Chris Kuper (forearm), linebacker Keith Brooking (hamstring) and linebacker Mike Mohamed (hamstring) did not participate.
- Safety Rahim Moore had a leaping breakup of a Peyton Manning pass down the middle of the field intended for tight end Joel Dreessen.
- On the very next play, Manning hit wide receiver Demaryius Thomas over his shoulder down the sideline past cornerback Tracy Porter.
- Cornerback Drayton Florence grabbed an interception off quarterback Brock Osweiler and returned it for a touchdown, executing a finger roll over the crossbar at the back of the end zone to celebrate.
- Cornerback Chris Harris met running back Lance Ball in the backfield as soon as he took a handoff, drawing a loud cheer from the defensive sideline.
- In red-zone drills, Manning hit Thomas for a touchdown, and followed that up with a touchdown throw to wide receiver Eric Decker in front of cornerback Champ Bailey. Bailey was visibly upset after the play, drawing a slight smile from Decker.
- When quarterback Caleb Hanie stepped in for the red-zone drills, he threw a pass toward Decker. As soon as Decker turned around at the end of his route, the ball was right there for the touchdown catch, which brought shouts of “Nice ball!” from the offensive sideline.
- Linebacker Wesley Woodyard had two pass breakups during practice, first on a throw to Ball, then on a deeper pass to tight end Jacob Tamme. Defensive end Elvis Dumervil was fired up about the latter breakup.
- Toward the end of the session, wide receiver Greg Orton and cornerback Tony Carter were battling for a ball, juggling it in the air a little before the receiver came down with the catch on the way to the ground.
- New FOX commentator Mike Martz was in attendance at practice, spending time with Manning toward the end of the session.
- Wide receiver Matthew Willis, cornerback Syd’Quan Thompson and Leonhard took turns fielding punts.
- During that special teams drill, Manning worked in the end zone with Decker and wide receiver Brandon Stokley. Thomas joined them after a few minutes, working on routes with the quarterback.
- Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio huddled the entire defense early in practice, giving the group a pep talk to keep its intensity up throughout the session.