When the Broncos take the field for tonight’s season-opener vs. Oakland, expect an electric atmosphere within Sports Authority Field at Mile High. In addition to the game being played in front of a national audience on ESPN, the team will be wearing its alternate orange jerseys.
Players notice the extra energy that the orange uniforms seem to create.
“You think about the color, you get excited,” linebacker Mario Haggan said. “We get excited to wear that orange. When we walk in the stadium and see it oranged out, it sends some emotion through the players’ veins and I think that will a lot to do with how we play on Monday night.”
The team has special in-game entertainment planned, as listed below:
• The Broncos encourage all fans to arrive to the stadium and be in their seats 30 minutes before kickoff, which is scheduled for 8:20 p.m. Premium gates will open at 5 p.m. and all other gates will open at 6 p.m.
• Pre-game entertainment will include a 9/11 tribute, singing of America the Beautiful and the Parade of Colors with Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Police & Fire participation.
• All fans in Broncos Country are being asked to participate in a group singing of the National Anthem as a special tribute to the victims of 9/11.
• The Broncos are excited to welcome former running back and Ring of Famer Terrell Davis to the game for the opening coin toss.
• Fans attending the game will receive an orange rally towel, courtesy of game day sponsor Bud Light, an American Flag and a Sports Authority Field at Mile High window cling.