Congratulations Broncos fans, you’ve done it again. Your spirit, loyalty and passion for the orange and blue never fails to amaze, and last week’s Mile High Salute to Fans Tour was no exception. I was honored to participate in our Inaugural Salute to Fans Tour (presented by, US Bank) along with several of my fellow cheerleaders, Broncos players, and Miles the Mascot. Together we spent 6-days in the heart of Broncos Country, traveling over 1400 miles and stopping in 20 different Colorado cities. It was an epic experience visiting with thousands of Broncos faithfuls from the mountains to the prairies, and by the end we all came to the same conclusion: Broncos fans are the best in the NFL. Here are 10 reasons why:
10. Record Crowds – Not only has every “non-strike” home game been sold out since 1970, you continue to break your own attendance records at scrimmages, pep-rally events, the cheerleaders’ Calendar Release party and yes, even small town autographs signings on caravan and our inaugural Salute to Fans Tour. The autograph line was wrapped around the block in several locations last week, Delta, CO wins the award for longest line. We love your enthusiasm!
9. You start ‘em young – Most of us would agree that children and babies dressed to the nines in orange and blue are cute enough to steal your heart. We would also agree that they are off the to right start in life by learning from a young age what a stellar football organization looks like in the Broncos. In Las Animas, Colorado, we met a gym full of students who wrote essays on “Why I want to meet the Denver Broncos.” When asked what the subject of their essay was, most of them said sportsmanship and their absolute love for the home team. These young Broncos fans clearly have bright futures ahead of them.
8. Future players/ cheerleaders – The small communities of Colorado are already fostering future players and cheerleaders. Mitch Unrein, who grew up in Eaton, Co, is a prime example of a player born and raised here. We met lots of young football players and future Denver Broncos Cheerleaders who may grow up to become part of the Broncos Organization someday!
7. 12th Man – Anyone who has been to a game can attest to the thunderous crowd energy inside the stadium at Mile High, perhaps you’ve seen the TV cameras shaking due to the shear cacophony of noise! It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! Your energy is infectious, and pumped us up every time we pulled into one of our 20 stops and the crowd was cheering. Rifle, Colorado nearly made me start cheering right along with them they were so energetic!
6. Respectful – Your respect for the Broncos, but also for opposing NFL teams is one of my favorite qualities about Broncos fans that truly sets you apart from the rest. During home games when an opposing team player would get injured, Broncos fans show great empathy by remaining quiet and then clapping once he was ok. Across Broncos Country, at least in this 20-city tour, you welcomed all Broncos fans as well as fans from other teams. While we wish everyone could be Broncos fans, your respect for the game shows true sportsmanship and makes me even more proud to be a Broncos fan.
5. Loyalty – You have kept faith in the Broncos and stayed true through thick and thin. You have driven for hundreds of miles and waited in line for hours in support of the orange and blue. You have witnessed games in frigid temperatures and remained on your feet 76,000 strong through double overtime. You have supported the organization through change and raised your kids and grandkids to do the same, even through seasons when we weren’t 13-3. Your loyalty spreads well past Denver and runs deep into the small communities and that is another reason Broncos fans are so great!
4. Broncos Country – Mountains to the Prairies – What other team can say their fans cover a topographical map from the prairie flats into the Rocky Mountains a mile high? The beautiful state of Colorado has plenty to offer us fans outside of sports, yet your passion for the Broncos remained consistent from Brush to Montrose, from Burlington to Glenwood Springs and Boulder to Lamar! Not to mention all our fans outside of Colorado and in other parts of the world!
3. You Bleed Orange and Blue – This is a fact I have been aware of for some time, us Broncos fans have huge hearts that pump the orange and blue through our veins. We met more fans on tour last week with broncos tattoos giving literal meaning to the phrase, including one young man in Pueblo with a tattoo of former Denver Broncos Cheerleader, Romi Bean! Amazing!
2. United in Orange – The common thread that binds us all together is the team we call our own. We are family here in Broncos Country. Enough said.
1. Mile High Magic – created by you! Your support and energy is what sparks the magic on game day and throughout the year. It fuels the players, the cheerleaders, Miles, and every member of the Broncos organization to bring you our absolute best year in and year out. We would not be here if it weren’t for you. Thank you for your passion, dedication, loyalty, and crazy enthusiasm. You are the BEST fans in the NFL.
There you have it! After 6 days, 20 cities, and 1400 miles of road traveled, it is easy to see why the Broncos have the best fans in the NFL. Thank you for your ongoing support and energetic spirit, we can’t wait to spend another season United in Orange with you all in 2013. Hope to see you in a couple weeks for the draft!
Tags: Salute to Fans Tour