Howdy, Broncos Country!
Can you believe we’re more than halfway through December? How is that so? The holiday season came quickly this year, if you haven’t yet taken a break to enjoy it, I came up with a list of budget friendly activities to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Ice Skating – It’s true that December in Colorado has been unseasonably warm this year, but if you are the active type looking for some cheap holiday fun, bundle up and head to 16th and Arapahoe in downtown Denver for some FREE ice skating! It’s a holiday tradition that brings out the kid in all of us!
- Cooking Classes – The holidays are all about great food! I love brushing up on my culinary skills with cooking classes around the holidays, then serving up my newly learned dishes at parties with family and friends! Cooking classes are great for couples looking to spice things up on date night; the best part is enjoying the delicious meal at the end!
- Caroling – Whether you have the pop star voice or not, this activity is sure to bring holiday cheer! Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, Little Drummer Boy, Sleigh Ride, and Santa Baby are a few of my personal favorites!
- Canvas and Cocktails – This is a great activity for a group of friends or even a date. Unleash your inner artist with some paints and a brush while relaxing with an adult beverage of your choice! They offer instructor led classes and open painting sessions, all supplies are included and paint creations make a great gift for loved ones!
- Denver Broncos vs. Houston Texans on Dec. 26 – Last but definitely not least, this is my favorite holiday activity idea. After days of slaving in the kitchen, gift-wrapping and entertaining, bundle up and spend the day at the Broncos holiday game with a warm cup of the best hot chocolate in town. It will be good for the soul!
Look for the cheerleaders’ special holiday halftime performance with the JDBC Allstars and 26 of Denver’s best swing dancers, choreographed by our very own Shelly Trujillo. We’ll see you there!
Happy Holidays to the best fans in the NFL!
Look for more thoughts from Katie and other Broncos cheerleaders throughout the 2010 season.