Late night thoughts …
Baltimore practiced Saturday, which meant they issued a new injury report for the day — which brought some news:
- Neither Todd Heap nor Terrell Suggs practiced; both are listed as questionable. Both are listed as having thigh injuries.
- The other five players on the injury report were all upgraded to probable Saturday and all practiced after sitting out Friday’s session.
- Broncos on Monday Night Football: 18-8-1 at home (5-21 on the road), including wins in nine of their last 12 MNF games in Denver, including last year against Kansas City.
- If you’re headed to INVESCO Field at Mile High on Monday night, then heed the advice of the overcaffeinated disc jockeys in Groundhog Day and “don’t forget your booties ’cause it’s cold out there.” The weather forecast from our colleagues at CBS4 calls for a 50 percent chance of snow showers with temperatures dropping into the 30s. We shall see if the snow showers transmogrify into the kind of full-scale snowstorm that transformed an October Monday night game with the Green Bay Packers 22 years ago into one of the Broncos’ most memorable prime-time contests.
- Shameless plug: For the past three years, Broncos President/CEO has offered his personal sponsorhip and that of the team to Football Colorado, a high-school highlights program that airs on FSN Rocky Mountain at 9 a.m. MDT. Both myself and Broncos TV/video editor Chris Hall were out this week shooting a pair of the games chronicled on the show. You can also watch the program at FootballColorado.tv.
- I wish ESPN GamePlan showed more University of Hawai’i home games. When 12 hours of football just isn’t enough, there’s the Warriors and Nevada Wolf Pack gracing my television screen in these late-evening hours. These are the pleasures in my life, but I’ll stop now before this turns into an on-line therapy session, in which case you would have to bill me.
Tags: Baltimore Ravens