The sun has gone to bed, and the teams are beginning to trickle through the tunnels at the south end of the stadium for pre-game warmups.
Two of the Broncos’ starting offensive 11 from last week will not play tonight, as both Adam Neadows and Chad Mustard were placed among the eight inactive players. George Foster will take over for Meadows at right tackle, returning to the starting lineup for the first time since Week 9.
Other news from the pre-game roster moves:
- Tatum Bell and Mike Bell will be the Broncos’ two tailbacks, with Cecil Sapp serving as the de facto third stringer. Both Damien Nash and Cedric Cobbs were scratched from tonight’s lineup.
- Offensive lineman Chris Kuper is active for the first time in his career.
- Denver’s other inactives include wide receiver/kickoff returner Quincy Morgan, linebacker Nate Webster and defensive linemen Kenny Peterson and Antwon Burton.
- Rookie tight end Tony Scheffler is back on the 45-man roster after sitting out the last three games.
- Seattle will start Tom Ashworth for Sean Locklear at right tackle. Locklear, however, is still active.
- The Seahawks deactivated wide reciever Bobby Engram, linebacker D.D. Lewis, offensive linemen Robbie Tobeck and Ray Willis, defensive end Robert Pollard, tight end Itula Mili and quarterbacks Gibran Hamdan and David Greene. Greene will still be in uniform, though, as their emergency No. 3 quarterback.