Interesting day already, with the Chiefs having lost 31-28 to the Cleveland Browns in overtime, giving the Broncos a chance to claim sole possession of second place in the division if they can win Jay Cutler’s professional debut tonight.
A few overly early pregame notes:
- It’s already getting frigid; the temperature is currently 19 degrees.
- Looks like the blue pants are back for the Broncos; fullback Kyle Johnson has the alternate togs on.
- So what did the officials in black pants during the Chargers’ 24-21 win over the Bills look like — basketball refs in a gym with no heat or the 1981-82 Philadelphia Flyers and their full-length black pants?
- Indianapolis Colts announcer Bob Lamey on Rob Bironas’ last-minute kick for Tennessee: “The ball’s down; the kick’s up; it’s no good. He missed it short.” (Two-second pause.) “No he didn’t! He made it! I’ll be darned, he made it!”
- If Chick-fil-A doesn’t serve food on Sundays, then why are they handing out bowl-game invitations?
Inactives coming later.
Tags: Seattle Seahawks